Can a public defender represent me in court in Georgia if I live in South Carolina? 2 Answers as of January 25, 2011

I live in South Carolina and i got in some trouble in Georgia. Can my public defender represent me in court in Ga without me. I got arrested for speeding, reckless driving, driving on suspended license and poss. of marijuana.

While your PD can represent you when you live somewhere else. Your PD is probably not going to waive your appearance in court. What happens if you get convicted, and the judge orders jail time, will the system have to come looking for you.
Yes, no matter where a person lives, generally, that person would be entitled to representation, either by a public defender (if they qualify) or by retained counsel in a Georgia criminal case. But as to the other part of your question, you will have to go to court with your criminal attorney. In other words, the lawyer generally cannot go to court without the defendant. You should keep in touch with your lawyer at all times concerning your court dates. Good luck!