Can a probation officer deport me if my parents were deported? 9 Answers as of January 06, 2011

Can a probation officer deport an underage person if his parents are deported but the child is going to probation regularly and does not have papers? Can the officer deport him after he is done with the community services?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The issue of whether your parents were deported is subject to what reason they were. But you said you did not have "papers", meaning you're undocumented. If the probation is from a felony conviction, yes, you can even be detained for removal from an immigration hold by ICE before expiration of the probation. You will probably need an attorney. There are many more questions than answers you're giving. If you would like to discuss your options further, you can call or e-mail for a consultation, but act soon.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/6/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
The Probation Officer may refer your case to the ICE Officer to assess your status. You may want to consult with an attorney about your eligibility for special immigrant juvenile status if your parents are not here and you are a minor.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/21/2010
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Felony offenses and misdemeanor for domestic abuse are deportable offenses.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 12/21/2010
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
It depends on your immigration status. If you are here illegally you may be referred to immigration to be deported.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 12/20/2010
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
Your probation officer is not part of the Department of Homeland Security and will not deport you. The officer may or may not have alerted Homeland Security as to your status in the US but you are entitled to a formal notice (so-called "Notice to Appear") and an opportunity to be heard before an Immigration Judge before you can be deported. You need to contact an immigration lawyer in your area in order to be fully advised of your immigration status and potential rights.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 12/20/2010
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    The prior deportation of parents is meaningless. A probation officer cannot deport you because they are not ICE officers nor Immigration Judges, BUT they can report you to ICE and have you picked up by ICE to begin deportation/removal proceedings. I think this question really depends on the probation officer in question.
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 12/20/2010
    The Vega Law Firm
    The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
    It depends on your status and the crime. If you are a Lawful permanent resident and have committed a felony or an aggravated felony you may be placed in deportation proceedings. However you may be entitled to a form of relief that allows you to remain in the US. Please visit with an immigration attorney for guidance.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 12/20/2010
    Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
    Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
    Only agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, such as CBP or ICE can deport people from the U.S. If you mean, can you probation officer report you to one of those agencies if you have no status in the U.S., the answer is yes. Want ICE or CPB does after that is up to them.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 12/20/2010
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    Yes, by turning the child over to immigration.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 12/20/2010
Click to View More Answers: