Can possession of cocaine be a misdemeanor? 4 Answers as of April 07, 2011

The police claimed to have found narcotics in my truck but not on anyone's person. How is that possession?

Under Michigan law possession of any amount of cocaine is a felony. However, Attempted Possession of Cocaine is a misdemeanor and is often used in plea deals for cocaine charges.
Under Michigan Law, possession of cocaine is a felony. Crack cocaine is also a felony. Only by virtue of a plea offer to a lesser charge can you be looking at a misdemeanor charge. When it comes to possession, the person operating the vehicle is presumed to possess all of the items in the car. Therefore, things in the trunk can be claimed to be in the possession of the driver. There are several defenses to this presumed intent which can be successful to negate the charges or to negotiate a plea to a lower offense. Should you be in the Detroit Metro area and need representation, I would look forward to speaking with you about this matter. You can contact me to make an appointment at a mutually convenient date and time.
Cocaine possession is a felony. That's the law. The law also says that the operator and passengers of a vehicle are owners of the contents. These cases can be worked out.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
If you are being charged with possession you need to hire a lawyer immediately to look into your case. Look for a lawyer with many years of experience and successful reviews. Let me know if I can help you further.