Can a police report be filed for internet harassment? 4 Answers as of June 16, 2014

My former husband's ex wife is claiming to have a report filed against me for what she considers, "Internet Harassment". She claims that she spoke with a detective, who acquired my IP address and physical location, through my social media account, and that she was able to file a harassment charge against me with this information. I have not been contacted by either her local law enforcement agency or mine? What can I do to determine the validity of this?

Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Yes a police report can be filed for using the internet to harass. You should take this seriously and retain criminal defense counsel as soon as possible.
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
Cyber stalking is a crime. Seek an attorney if you are charged.
Don't talk with the cops and get a lawyer to protect your rights.