Can a person with an expired visa be forgiven and allowed to apply for a green card without being married to a US citizen? 9 Answers as of October 25, 2013

Jamaican resident visiting the U.S. overstayed their visit and now holds an expired Visa. He is interested in obtaining a green card.

Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
There are other limited possibilities.
CoverLaw
CoverLaw | Jim Cover
It is very likely you will have to return to Jamaica and then apply for a visa to the US again.
No way. He had better get out of the country. If he gets deported, he could be barred for 10 years.
No, unfortunately, once you are out of status and unlawfully present in the US, the only way to legalize your status within the US is through a valid marriage to a US citizen.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
Yes, if his US citizen child over 21 is filing for him.
    Law Office of Morgan L. Place (MP Law Office) | Morgan L. Place
    What would be your basis for a green card? I think I would need a lot more information to evaluate the situation.
    Law Offices of Peter De Bruyn
    Law Offices of Peter De Bruyn | Peter De Bruyn
    If you have American citizen parents, they could file a I-130 adjustment for you, but you would have to obtain a hardship waive r because of your illegal presence.
    Nachman Phulwani Zimovcak (NPZ) Law Group, P.C. | David Nachman
    The analysis also needs to take into account the potential for 245(i) for the applicant and the possibility for him/her to obtain a U Visa.
    The only way to adjust one's status in the U.S. to a green card holder when the person has overstayed is through marriage. Otherwise, the person will need to process the immigrant visa through the U.S. Embassy where they will need a waiver for unlawful presence.