Can a person who overstayed on their tourist visa get a waiver on the ban? Posted on July 05, 2011

A good friend of mine overstayed his tourist visa and is banned to enter the country for the next 10 years. He got in the US in August 2012 and left in October of 2008. When he left immigration prior departing stopped him and he was told that he would not be able to enter the country for at least 5 years. When consulting with a lawyer he was told the ban was actually for 10 years and not 5. Is there any possibility for a waiver? He would have a company that is willing to sponsor a work visa for him. Thanks in advance for any feedback and help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: