Can a person that's legally separated go to another state or country and get a divorce quicker than one year? 1 Answers as of August 03, 2011

The lady I asking for lives in NC and was married here also. Her ex lives in Georgia now. He left her to go back to his first wife. Can a person thats legally separated go to another state or country and get a divorce quicker than one year. She is Chinese and legal in this country, she was married to an american but he left her. They have already done the equitable distribution part. I hear that famous people do it all the time. Of course we want this to be legal also. Another part of this question is does he have to be present where ever this place maybe?

Bagwell Holt Smith Jones & Crowson, P.A.
Bagwell Holt Smith Jones & Crowson, P.A. | John G. Miskey IV
If the person can legally file in another state and meets all residency requirements, North Carolina should not have a problem with this filing.