Can a person come back to US after completion of 5 years ban? 1 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I was deported at the age of 20 in 2005. I have completed my 5 year ban and married as well. Is there a way to come back to US with all legal procedures?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I would have to know the specifics of your removal, but assuming that you are not in "immigration neverland," I would have to say Yes there is. I hope your spouse is a USC or LPR. What you will have to do is have them sponsor you into the US by filing an I-130 visa petition. That petition will be approved and USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center (NVC) and the NVC will advise you when the visa becomes ready for processing. At that time, you will be given instructions as to what documents to produce and how to go about processing your visa. The most important part for you will be to have a good I-212 waiver or application for permission to reapply for admission. You should have it ready by the time your interview comes about so that you can submit it when the Consular Officer informs you that you qualify for a waiver. You want to contact competent counsel to strategize your return. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: