Can person be taken back to court to be tried for murder if state uses him as witness against other person being charged? 4 Answers as of March 14, 2014

My brother got murdered and person being charged isn’t the only 1 involved. Person that family feels is responsible for getting the guy to shoot my brother, the state wants to use for witness.

This depends on any deal that the State has with the witness.
It depends upon whether the State cut some kind of "deal" with him to get him to testify.
The state prosecutor can do whatever he wants with the charges. As long as the state does not grant the witness immunity, then the state can try a witness in a later murder trial.
Eve Oldenkamp, Attorney at Law, P.C. | Eve Oldenkamp
This is very situationally dependent. You need to get in contact with the Victim's assistant at your local District Attorney's office or the Victims Rights organization near your county. You are entitled to be consulted on any and all negotiations that are made with regard to the perpetrators.