Can a person be sued for pain and suffering for an affair? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

I recently read about an individual suing a person who had an affair with their spouse for the "pain and suffering" they caused them. Is this a legitimate type of claim?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
Not in Ohio. Some states like Texas and South Dakota still allow the tors of Criminal Conversation and Alienation of Affection, But not Ohio.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: