Can a permanent resident bring over their new wife? 2 Answers as of May 25, 2011

I am a permanent resident in the US for the last 10 yrs. I will soon be marrying a woman from Tajikistan my homeland. I have established a resident and job here in the US, and have followed the laws and paying taxes. What steps do I need to do to bring my wife over? So far I see a Fiancée visa as an option. Any help is appreciated.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Yes, a K-1 fiance visa would be an option, but it would be better to become a citizen first and then apply in behalf of your intended since as a green card holder you will undoubtedly have to wait much longer for processing than if you were a U.S. citizen.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/25/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You need to apply for US naturalization asap to speed up the process because only US citizens can request fiancee visas.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: