Can a Pending DUI be move from one state to another? 2 Answers as of August 15, 2016

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
No. The jurisdiction where the driving under the influence is the only jurisdiction where the offense would be litigated.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 8/15/2016
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
No- charges have to be dealt with in the county & state where they occur. But an arrest warrant can be issued upon which a person can be arrested wherever they are found & then the person could be extradited back to the place the offense allegedly occurred. Plus a hold can be placed on a persons ability to obtain or renew a drivers license in most states, due to a failure to resolve a pending traffic matter, including a DUI.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 8/15/2016
Click to View More Answers: