Can a passenger of a car that flees the scene of an accident be charged with anything? 9 Answers as of October 09, 2012

They were driving at night the driver lost pressure in a rear tire and crashed into a parked car they left the car there and left without notifying anyone of the accident can’t the passenger that left the scene be charged for doing so?

Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
The passenger shouldn't get charged. The driver must stay and report it.
The passenger could possibly be charged with conspiracy to leave the scene of an accident, or accessory before the fact of leaving the scene, but this seems unlikely.
Possibly. Aiding and abetting or obstruction. I would talk to a criminal attorney.
It is the driver that committed a crime. The passenger can walk away from an accident without reporting it, he driver may not. If he was drunk it might not have been a bad choice, although a selfish one. The police will soon be at his door and he will be asked who was driving his car. He should tell the police, "I would be glad to answer all of your questions as soon as I can get my lawyer to advise me and be present". If he is one of the very few people smart enough to insist on a lawyer before answering any questions the police may not have enough evidence to charge him or convict him.
Nope, unless he encourages the mismanagement or felon to violate the law in which case he might be considered to aid and assist the commission of the offense.