Can a parent with protective custody move a child out of state? Posted on July 17, 2011

My nephew has temporary protective custody of his daughter while her mother is in drug treatment. He has suddenly on the spur of the moment has decided to move to Alaska because Marijauna is decriminilized there. He also has some small time warrants out for his arrest and wants to flee the state before he gets caught. Is it legal to move the baby out of state w/o the mother's or the courts permission. If it's not legal what are the potential legal ramifications for him and if he does this and gets arrested what are the chances of getting the baby back from the State of Alaska child welfare department?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: