Can a parent take a kid to live out of state without the other parent's consent? Posted on August 27, 2012

My son's wife took their son without his knowledge and went back to NY (from Mississippi) to live 5 days ago. She wants a divorce. His mother-in-law just texted him he now owes 17% for child support beginning next week. He has received no notification of anything . Does she become a custodial parent eligible for child support by just leaving Missouri? Doesn't he still have the same legal right to his son as she does? His son is one year old, was born in NY before they married, lived in Missouri together for 5 months. We are all trying to find a lawyer but do have much money.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: