Can a parent still get child visiation after a child custody violation? Posted on April 15, 2011

If one parent only has visitation rights every other weekend and he/she doesn't bring the child back and the police is involved, warrant is issued and that parent is locked up (court case pending and the custodial parent has filed for changing the original divorce order to only allow the other parent supervised visitations; court case also pending). Can that same parent still claim that they have the right to have the child on the weekends because the court has not yet ruled otherwise? Wouldn't the fact that the non-custodial parent violated the visitation rights by not bringing the child back at the appointed time (keeping him for three weeks and threatening to take him “underground”) make the original visitation order null-and-void an that parent could not have the child for the weekend until the court case is settled?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: