Can a parent sign over all legal rights of their child to the other parent? 1 Answers as of October 05, 2017

My ex-husband lives in another state. We have recently discussed him giving up his parental rights (he does not pay child support or see her anyways) so in any event that something may happen to me, my daughter would not go to him. My fiancé also wants to adopt my daughter. Where would I start and is this even possible?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
A petition for stepparent adoption and a petition to terminate the natural father's parental rights would be the appropriate steps to take. This is a complicated area of the law. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/5/2017
Click to View More Answers: