Can a parent move away with the children without permission from the other parent? 2 Answers as of January 18, 2016

I can not find my oldest son. I know that they have moved and turned off their phone but I do not know where they moved and have no way to contact them! Can they do this? We have joint legal and shared physical custody of my now 14 year old son. Please help! I miss my son.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law and Dispute Resolution Office of Robert L. Baum
Law and Dispute Resolution Office of Robert L. Baum | Robert L. Baum
If there is a custody order in place then they cannot do that unless there is some strange provision in the custody order. In general, one parent taking the child away from the other parent, despite the custody order, violates state, federal and international law. You need to get law enforcement trying to track them down. You may need an additional court order to do that, but the sooner you act the better.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 1/18/2016
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
No, and you need to file for an emergency hearing with the court to obtain and order her and the child to return. Then you need to track her done maybe with the help of a Private investigator.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 1/15/2016
Click to View More Answers: