Can a parent be deportated again if child support is in process? 7 Answers as of April 01, 2015

My ex-partner has been deported once and he came back he also has a lot of warrants with another name for ticket. I am trying to put him in to child support because his not willing to help me. Would he get deported or investigated after child support gets in process. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John W. Lee, PC
John W. Lee, PC | Kim A. Lewis
Child support, in its own, will not cause someone to be deported. Failure to pay child support may create problems as that is a criminal action with incarceration as a possible consequence.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/1/2015
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Deportation only comes within the power of the Department of Homeland Security and DOJ. If he were to become of interest to those two, then he could be summarily deported since a Immigration Judge has already ordered it so. A family Court has no power to deport anyone.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/1/2015
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
Seeking and obtaining a child support order against a non-citizen would not in and of itself cause a deportation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/1/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
I would need the details, however, generally, there is little coordination between the family courts and the immigration service on support matters.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/1/2015
Boyack Christiansen & Chambers, PLLC | Travis Christiansen
Immigration does not care about support and seems to function independently. He will likely get deported and you can probably proceed and get a support order, but collecting it internationally will be almost impossible.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 3/31/2015
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    This is a matter which an immigration lawyer can comment on much better than any other kind of lawyer. I strongly suggest you direct your question to such a lawyer. Immigration law is fairly complicated, and is its own specialty. As a matter of mere impression, it would seem to me that the family court or child support agency would not want him deported: their purpose is much more likely to be forcing him to pay child support, which is harder to do if he is outside the US. The outstanding warrants are troubling depending on what accusations of wrongdoing they are based on, they might lead to his being jailed and unable to work anyway. Good Luck.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 3/31/2015
    Law Offices of Robert Burns
    Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
    The Federal Government has no interest in subordinating national immigration regulation to your private financial needs.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/31/2015
Click to View More Answers: