Can a parent apply for a passport for her child? 1 Answers as of August 26, 2010

My 17 year old daughter is currently traveling abroad. She will not be back in the US until early next year when she will begin her studies during the second semester of an east coast university. I am still living in the US and we are both citizens. My daughter has lost her passport. Can I apply for one for her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
You are the custodial parent, and you can contact the U.S. embassy or consulate in the area. Better yet, you should send your daughter to show up at the embassy, the personnel will help her.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/26/2010
Click to View More Answers: