Can a paralegal speak at a child custody case for a friend? 1 Answers as of April 27, 2011

I have not completed my paralegal training, but have a full and competent grasp of the case. My friend cannot afford an lawyer and would like me to go and sit in on his child custody hearing. I would like to know if I can speak on his behalf or ask the other party questions. I have heard that this is allowed in some instances, if so, is there a term for this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Beaulier Law Office
Beaulier Law Office | Maury Beaulier
That is practicing law without a license which is not lawful. You can be charged criminally or civilly sanctioned.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 4/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: