Can our landlord just throw us out if the rent has been paid through the end of the month? 7 Answers as of June 28, 2011

My wife and I are staying with my in-laws and they are moving at the first of next month. They gave us until then to find a place but their landlord is supposed to bring the police here in the morning to make us leave now. The rent is paid until next month, can he just throw us out?

No. He cannot just throw you out.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
Absent a court order the landlord cannot have the police throw you out tomorrow morning.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
You can only be forceably removed after a judgment of eviction has been entered by the housing court or local justice court.
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
It depends upon what state you're located in. Consult a private attorney where you live, or try contacting a legal services or legal aid organization which may be able to assist you at low to no cost.