Can notary act as witness on last will? 2 Answers as of July 20, 2016

Can I use a notary as a witness for last will and testament in the state of Nevada? I do not have anyone else that can witness this document at this time.

The notary can be a witness, but then the notary cannot be the notary for the will. A person cannot notarize their own signature.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
You need two witnesses on a Will. So if the notary is one witness, you still need another. Also by using the notary as a witness the Will cannot be self-proving. I urge you to go find two witnesses. This is opinion is solely based upon the facts presented in the inquiry. Additional facts may be important and may change the analysis. If you are uncertain, seek legal counsel. We are not your attorneys. This answer is being offered to assist you in determining if you need to retain legal counsel to assist you, not to resolve your issue through an email inquiry.