Can a notarized power of attorney allow a child to be transferred to new legal parents? 1 Answers as of August 02, 2011

My husband and I recently became temporary legal custodian parents for a minor child within our family in AL. Another family member in VA wants the child to move there and begin school with her children, with our blessing. We cannot get DHR to respond in a timely manner. Would a signed and notarized Power of Atty allow him to go to VA to begin school? Thank you

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner | Roianne Houlton Conner
No, but an executed and notarized Transfer of Parental Designation would work for up to one year.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: