Can my wife take out insurance without my permission? 6 Answers as of February 06, 2014

I am separated from my wife and seeking a divorce. Her best friend just went to prison for having her husband killed for 2 million dollars in life insurance policies. Can she take out insurance without my permission online or other wise? Is there a way I can stop this because i fear for my life?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser | Donald F. Conviser
I don't know for sure, but I would expect that any life insurance company that would offer life insurance on your life would want to conduct a physical examination of you to evaluate its risks regarding your health and well-being.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/6/2014
John Russo | John Russo
If you have not filed for divorce yet then there is nothing you can do, if the matter is currently in the courts and she attempted to do this then yes the court can order her to drop the policy, as long as it was not created prior to filing for divorce.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 11/5/2013
Ellis & Abouelsood | John Danelon
Generally, she would be allowed to take out an insurance policy on you, even without your consent. However, if you advise people of this fact, she would not be able to recover if you were killed through sinister means, since "slayer statutes" prevent criminals from benefiting financially from their crimes.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/5/2013
The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
The Davies Law Firm, P.A. | Robert F. Davies, Esq.
really? you are worried about this? Before you do anything, please talk to a divorce attorney in your area. This is serious. These legal issues will affect you and your family for many years. You may cause great harm to yourself and your children, and may lose a lot of money, if you do the wrong thing.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 11/5/2013
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
1. Report to police the actions of your Wife. 2. Check with your Insurance Agent. Majority of Insurance companies require the signature of the insured person to validate the policy.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 11/5/2013
Click to View More Answers: