Can my wife still petition for me to get a green card? 9 Answers as of October 08, 2013

I am not a citizen, my wife just gave birth, and we discovered the baby is not mine. I still love her and want to be with her (the affair happened when we took a break from our relationship). Can she still petition for me to get a green card? We have been married for 1 year.

If the marriage is bona fide from both parties and she wants to petition for you, then she can even if she gave birth to a child that is not your child.
Walker & Ungo Law Firm
Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
Yes, if your wife is a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident she can file a petition for alien relative on your behalf, as your marriage is bona fides and viable.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
Yes, she still can file an immigrant petition for you. Her infidelity does not, in itself, make your marriage invalid.
Immigration Law Offices, LLP
Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
Yes she can petition for you as long as your marriage is bona fide.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You can still apply for a green card through your spouse if you reconciled. I recommend documenting your relationship very well. You may have to explain the affair but it should not prevent you from being granted a green card.
    Nachman Phulwani Zimovcak (NPZ) Law Group, P.C. | David Nachman
    The issues are complicated but if the marriage is bona fide then you can certainly do a marriage case with facts such as this. You will definitely want to have the assistance and guidance of a qualified immigration lawyer if you decide to pursue the case.
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    If your wife is a US citizen or lawful permanent resident, she can file the I-130 visa petition for you if you are still living together as husband and wife.
    Yes, but you would be best advised to retain an experienced immigration attorney. This will not be an easy case.
    Mayo Mallette PLLC
    Mayo Mallette PLLC | Thomas J. Rosser
    Yes she can as long as your marriage remains viable.