Can my wife apply for status adjustment since she have been in country for over 10 years? Posted on April 05, 2011

I have been deported after I applied for political asylum and stayed two years after the deportation order was given. I have my wife that is illegally in US and two Daughters that are US born citizens that are 9 and 7 years old. We have decided to do our best that our daughters to get the education in the US. I have to spend two years away from my family. I have been in Us from 1999-2008 living as a model citizen, paying taxes, having no driving records ,never having problems with the law beside the immigration case that was not approved. Now the question is, can my wife apply for status adjustment since she have been in country for over 10 years? The other question is, can I file for extreme hardship since I have been tore apart from my Family and have a 10 years ban or do I have to wait for my wife to get the green card if it's possible? I am waiting for some advice or somebody that has deal with similar cases to direct me to the right path.