Can my wages be garnished for an accident in which I was at fault and I had no insurance? 1 Answers as of August 08, 2011

I was in a car accident in which I was at fault and I had no insurance. I went to city court, paid my fines and completed court ordered classes. Now im being sued for 15,00 by the other party involved in the accident. A family member was served with papers for me to go to court 8 hrs away the very next day and I didnt make it. What should I do next? I am trying to rent a house that which I will be approved as long as my wages are not being garnished for this. Is it possible and/or probable that my wages will be garnished for this?

Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
You should call the court immediately, ask that the default judgment be set aside, get a new court date, and hire an attorney. Otherwise, yes, you will likely be garnished.