Can my USC spouse sponsor me even though I overstayed my visa? Posted on June 26, 2011

I overstayed in the US for seven years and had four children. I am a Canadian citizen and I came back to Canada. When I tried to go back to the US I was refused entry two times and was advised to apply for a waiver, which I did. Just recently, my children's' father who is a US citizen came to Canada and we got married. If he sponsors me as a spouse will the US allow me to enter the country? If so, how long will it take to sponsor me, even though I am barred for ten years? Please advise as we have four children together and we want to go back home.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: