Can my US citizen father petition me? 3 Answers as of May 23, 2011

Can my US citizen father petition me? How long will it take?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Yes, he can, but it takes years. You eligibility to adjust, however, depends on your status in the U.S. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/23/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Yes. If you are under 21 and unmarried, it should take about six months. If over 21 and depending on whether you are married or not, then it will take much longer as you are not deemed to be an immediate relative, and now must wait for your visa number to become current.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/16/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes. As to how long, it will depend on your circumstances. If you came to the US with a visa, then you will be able to receive a green card within 3 to 6 months. If not, then it will take a long time and you will have to leave the US to get your immigrant visa abroad. There is a lot of information missing in order to really respond to your question. Please consult with an attorney to flesh out possible issues before they become big problems. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: