Can my uncle who is a green card holder sponsor me if I am already 24 years old? 6 Answers as of October 22, 2013

I am a Pakistani citizen and currently working in Saudi Arabia. Can I go to the US and work if my uncle sponsors me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC
Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC | Lana Kurilova Rich
No, your uncle is really not a family member who can sponsor you. You can be sponsored by your parent or your sibling (which would take a lot longer), but not your uncle.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/22/2013
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Possibly. We would need to analyze the job and your skills - the family relationship does not permit sponsorship but perhaps his company can sponsor you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/22/2013
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
Only an immediate relative can sponsor you. An uncle is not considered an immediate relative for the purposes of immigration.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/21/2013
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
Not unless through employment.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/21/2013
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
No. Your uncle cannot petition for you to receive an immigrant visa.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 10/21/2013
Click to View More Answers: