Can my tweet get me in trouble for harassment? 10 Answers as of June 03, 2016

I tweeted towards a woman that I go to college with. Without using her name, I said "Nobody wants you here" and "Get out." She has filed for harassment against me. She had blocked me on Twitter before this incident, so my tweet was not intended to harass, annoy or threaten her.

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
You obviously do not read newspapers or keep up with issues related to bullying, harassment, and sexual assault. If you did, you would realize that terms like "Nobody wants you here" is meant to harass, annoy and could very easily be taken as a threat. Quite possibly the only way you will be able to get out from under this is you did not mention a name. But on the other hand, since apparently your name was attached to that phrase, you have been outed as a harasser by your own hand. You should grow up and apologize for even making such a statement because it is not your choice who attends your college. Good luck.
Yes, especially if you forget you have the right to remain silent and start incriminating yourself by talking to authorities who will substantiate the text by talking to you.
Then what was it for? Clearly you meant to cause some discomfort to her; you over reacted and she probably does have grounds to sue you but her damages probably are not sufficient to justify a suit. Next time don't act the way you did.
I don't think the facts you mention will succeed in getting you off the charge of harassment. You say your tweet could not be harassment because she had previously blocked your tweets. But then why would you tweet her? And why include cruel comments? I suggest you hire a lawyer to represent you in the harassment action, and try to use the experience to gain some perspective about dealing with human beings.
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
Under the facts you state it appears that this woman does not wish to communicate with you and might find it offensive if you communicated with others regarding that tweet. It would be better if you refrained from further saying anything further to her or about her on Twitter or any other social media.
    Connell-Savela
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    Even if she did not block you, there is a freedom of speech issue also, I do not believe that fits any Colorado definition of harassment that said, the police may file a case that needs to be defended
    Be prepared to pay up. You excuses will not stand up in court!!
    Chambers Law Firm
    Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
    Probably not.
    How do you tweet "towards" someone? You are in college? The conjunction is "about". You tweet about someone. Good luck.
    Give me a break. You are a troll, and you are now paying the price. When you were a little kid, your mother probably told you that if you do not have anything nice to say, then don't say anything. Tom Lehr, the satirical song writer/singer said: "Don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell." If you contact LawQA and expect to be coddled for being a troll, you are sooooo wrong! Besides, who elected you to speak for the entire student body of your university and authorized you to say that? I guarantee that God didn't give you the authority, either.