Can my traffic citation be dismissed if the officer picked the wrong category? 3 Answers as of December 04, 2014

I received a traffic citation. The citation offers three options to choose from: "operator, "chauffeur" and "CDL." The officer checked operator, when, in fact, I possess a chauffeur license. Is that grounds to have the ticket dismissed?

Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
It depends on what the exact citation is for. Speeding, run thru stop sign, etc. Generally, that would not. But if pertains to the type of license, it may. If someone given ticket for no motorcycle endorsement, and they were driving a cycle or even moped and actually had one and citation checked they did not, then yes it makes a difference.
No, that is a minor scribner error that will not result in a dismissal. You should hire an attorney to get.the best deal possible.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
No. That only happens on TV.