Can my terms of probation be changed after pleading guilty of felony DUI? 1 Answers as of March 23, 2015

I got a Felony DUI last year. At 1st it was a misdemeanor and later changed to a Felony. I was arrested at my arrangement after bailing out of jail. I appeared on time. The bail was raised from $2,500.00 to $100,000.00. I sat in jail for 40 days. While in jail I couldn't do anything. I ended up with a public defender, who was worthless, I spent a total of less than 5 minutes with her. She basically told me that I better take the deal offered. I never imagined what was coming. The cops have raided my house 3 times tore it apart. I am on 5 years of probation. My question is, can my terms of probation be changed after pleading guilty. I don't feel that this is just or even legal some of the things that they have done. As an example a long time ago I got two DUI's the last one in 1999 the one before that in 1986. I haven't even had a parking ticket until this happened last year since 1999. The court is calling me a habitual and probation says I can't even drink a beer at my house. The probation officer says he will recommend prison if I so much as drink a beer. I am wearing an ankle bracelet that detects alcohol. I was in a minor accident for this DUI and the people in the other car were fine, three weeks later they developed neck injuries, thus Felony. I have never even put a dent in a car before this and the terms of my probation are impossible. They say I have to go to all these meetings which are more than 20 miles from where I live. Of course I am not allowed to drive and no public transportation goes there. The probation officer says I should have thought of that before I drove drunk and if i don't attend these meetings he says I am going to prison, not to mention all the cost involved. I made a mistake, I admit that, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime because these people in the other car just wanted to collect insurance money, which they already did.

Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Yes probation terms can be modified but it sounds like you need to have an attorney file a motion to withdraw plea.