Can my terms of probation be changed after pleading guilty of felony DUI? 1 Answers as of March 23, 2015

I got a Felony DUI last year. At 1st it was a misdemeanor and later changed to a Felony. I was arrested at my arrangement after bailing out of jail. I appeared on time. The bail was raised from $2,500.00 to $100,000.00. I sat in jail for 40 days. While in jail I couldn't do anything. I ended up with a public defender, who was worthless, I spent a total of less than 5 minutes with her. She basically told me that I better take the deal offered. I never imagined what was coming. The cops have raided my house 3 times tore it apart. I am on 5 years of probation. My question is, can my terms of probation be changed after pleading guilty. I don't feel that this is just or even legal some of the things that they have done. As an example a long time ago I got two DUI's the last one in 1999 the one before that in 1986. I haven't even had a parking ticket until this happened last year since 1999. The court is calling me a habitual and probation says I can't even drink a beer at my house. The probation officer says he will recommend prison if I so much as drink a beer. I am wearing an ankle bracelet that detects alcohol. I was in a minor accident for this DUI and the people in the other car were fine, three weeks later they developed neck injuries, thus Felony. I have never even put a dent in a car before this and the terms of my probation are impossible. They say I have to go to all these meetings which are more than 20 miles from where I live. Of course I am not allowed to drive and no public transportation goes there. The probation officer says I should have thought of that before I drove drunk and if i don't attend these meetings he says I am going to prison, not to mention all the cost involved. I made a mistake, I admit that, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime because these people in the other car just wanted to collect insurance money, which they already did.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Yes probation terms can be modified but it sounds like you need to have an attorney file a motion to withdraw plea.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: