Can my step mother sue me for the balance if I borrowed money from my step mother, under no signed contract? 8 Answers as of April 03, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
Yes. It does not have to be in writing.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 4/3/2014
MatthewR. Schutz, Esq | Matthew R. Schutz
Yes. Typically in this situation one will say that the monies were a loan and the other a gift. It becomes a swear contest.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 4/3/2014
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
Yes, she can.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/3/2014
Fluhr & Moore, LLC | Steven S. Fluhr
Yes. In many instances, an oral contract is as good as a written contract. This is one of them.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 4/2/2014
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
It depends upon how much was borrowed and the underlying circumstances. There is a possibility you might owe it.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 4/2/2014
Click to View More Answers: