Can my SSI benefits be revoked if I make more money from a job? 4 Answers as of April 29, 2013

I am getting $868 monthly from my supplemental security income. I will be taking a job that would give me $880 every month.

WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I do not know enough about SSI to answer this question.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You should discuss this with your case worker. You might still qualify for some portion of your SSI and food-stamps. Good luck.
Lydy & Moan | C. Gary Wilson
Absolutely. If you are disabled, you generally cannot work, and if you start to work, then they will stop your disability payments, in this case SSI. There also is a means test with SSI that could stop the payments.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
You need to report this to Social Security. Under current rules assuming you have no other available income deductions or unearned income, $20 + $65 is deducted from the $880 immediately, then 1/2 of the remainder, or about $397 will be deducted from your SSI for this income. You should check with Social Security about various programs that would allow you to shield this income from deduction.