Can my spouse file for contempt if I am unable to meet him? 1 Answers as of July 27, 2011

Divorce decree states parents are to meet in certain location for exchange of child unless otherwise agreed upon. I had an injury and I am medically unable to drive that distance. I have dr written orders stating I cannot drive more than one hour per day. My ex has violated court ordered modifications and is in contempt of court on another issue. Could he file contempt on me for being unable to meet in decreed location?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Can he file, yes. The better question is what will a Judge do under these circumstances. I know at least a couple Judges that would listen politely, then simply tell your ex that he is being a jerk and get over it and spend time with the kids and stop wasting the court's time and everyone's money. I also know Judges that would shrug, tell you to get well and basically pretend the issue was never mentioned. I do not know any judge that I think would punish you under these circumstances, but keep in mind, I do not know all the facts and I do not know all the Judges.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: