Can my sons name be changed without my consent because I am incarcerated? Posted on February 21, 2011

I am currently incarcerated. My son's maternal grandmother has filed for a name change for my son. He is named after me and is 6 years old. I am currently paying child support but am not allowed visitation, nor have I been allowed for the last 4 years. She won custody after the state took him away from his mother, her daughter. I really need some help quick. I love my son and have been trying to take custody of him for about 2 years with no luck due to the financial situation I am in. I do not want his name changed to hers. Also, she still wants me to pay her support afterward. What can I do? My fiance has tried contesting this due to the fact we have another child that is his brother and we are trying to keep our family as close as possible. I cannot afford an attorney at this time. Can you help?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: