Can my sons class 5 felony be expunged from his record? 1 Answers as of August 19, 2011

My son got a class 5 felony about 18 years ago. Can this be sealed or removed from his record? He had bought alcohol for a minor he was about 24 and the minor was around 15 or 16. The minor was already an alcoholic and a drug pusher when my son met him. My son's public defender wanted to go to trail with it and said my son had a very good defense, but the public defender had a heart attack and died just before the trial. The new public defender said she didn't know enough about the case to go to trial,and the judge refused to grant him more time, so the d.a. and his lawyer and the judge basically terrified him into pleading guilty.

Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
Cannot be expunged, may be able to be sealed. Go to the Colorado judicial website, look under the "forms" tab, and find instructions for how to petition the court for sealing of a criminal record.