Can my son stop drug charges from being put on his record if he pleads no contest to them? 8 Answers as of August 25, 2015

My son was arrested by police at 3 a.m. on Tuesday in his own apartment. The cops had a warrant to search the home, and they found pot in one of his roommate’s rooms. Other paraphernalia was found in the house, but not my son’s room. My son has a clean record, and now he is being charged with misdemeanor charges. Will this stay off his record if he pleads ‘no contest?’

A "no contest" plea is the same as a "guilty" plea in criminal courts. It will show up as a conviction.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Missouri does not have a "no contest" plea option. He will have to hire an attorney to represent him if he wants to avoid having a drug conviction on his permanent criminal record.
Nope. Pleading no contest is the same as pleading guilty.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
no - depending on the offer, it would stay on his record forever there is a clear defense I would be happy to discuss representation.
No contest appears as a conviction on his record, and will suspend his driver's license.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    No. Guilty = Record.
    He pleaded no contest is equivalent to a guilty plea for purposes of the court and conviction. Therefore pleading no contest will result in a criminal record. It appears that he may have a defense. You should engage an attorney immediately.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    He will have to seal his record after the case. No contest is the same as guilty. Ask for diversion.