Can my son immigrate to the US to go to school? 10 Answers as of June 26, 2013

We were there as a family - my wife and my eldest son in the US for about an year. I was working there as a software engineer when we had our second son in the US. He is a US citizen, he is just 5 months now. We are back to India. Is there anyway, we can immigrate to the US as a family? I would like to provide American education for my US citizen son?

Your son has to be 21 year old to petition for you and your wife.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
There is no stand alone family based immigration. If you already have a US citizen parent or sibling, they can file a petition for you that would include your family but there is a wait of several years. If you do not have this option, then you really have to look at employment based immigration. There is no visa simply to come here because you want to provide an American education to your US citizen son.
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
Your US son won't be able to petition you or the rest of your family to become green card holders until he attains the age of 21. If you have relatives of the first degree of consanguinity, they can petition for you to come to the US. If you have a doctoral degree, and you have any kind of publication to demonstrate your extraordinary skills, then you can petition yourself and your family. There are many other ways, but through your son alone, no.
Your son cannot be the basis for your immigration until he is 21 years old. Your son can return to the US for his education.
You would need someone to petition for you to receive an immigrant visa. Your U.S. citizen son cannot petition for you to receive an immigrant visa until he reaches the age of 21. You may want to see if you could be sponsored by an employer for permanent residence. However, we would need additional information to determine whether you would be eligible.
    You will need a sponsor first. A family member or an employer willing to hire you in the US. Your son will need to be 21 years of age or older in order to sponsor you. Once you take care of that, then you can begin "a" process of some kind. But go and take care of that first. Good luck!
    As a U.S. citizen your son may live and go to school in the U.S. Once he is 21 he can petition for you to join him. Prior to that you would need another sponsor (family or employer) to come as a non-immigrant and then as an immigrant.
    You would need an employment based petition.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    Your question did not indicate that you will have any easy way to immigrant to the US. Other than traditional family, employment or investor's visa, there are limited ways to immigrant to the US based on your circumstances. Please consult with immigration lawyer for advise.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    You can only immigrate through your U.S. born son once he turned 21. Up until then you must qualify on your own merits.