Can my son's girlfriend stop me or his friends from helping him move his belongings out of her house? 7 Answers as of July 31, 2013

She is buying the house but he pays her rent and she says it is trespassing if we help him.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
It is not trespassing. If you enter a home at the request of a tenant of the home. However, to be on the safe side, you should not enter the home in the absence of the tenant giving you permission.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/31/2013
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
If your son lives there, or otherwise has permission to be on the premises, and you are invited by him to help move, then it is generally not trespassing. A person cannot be trespassing if they have been invited.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/31/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Since he is renting, then he and his guests have the right to be there.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 7/31/2013
Phyllis Voisenat, Esq.
Phyllis Voisenat, Esq. | Phyllis Voisenat
She'd have a hard time with the trespass claim. Your son is a tenant with right to use and enjoyment of the property. Therefore she does not have exclusive use of the property or the right to interfere with his use.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/31/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
If he has reason to be in the house it is not trespassing.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/31/2013
Click to View More Answers: