Can my son come back to the United States if he was deported for drug possession? 6 Answers as of August 02, 2011

My son 20 will be deported for 20 gram mari/sell. He served 3 yrs, his paperwork was in INS. Can he come back to the US again. I am a permanent resident, applying for my Citizenship.

Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC | Charles Kuck
Your son is permanently barred from the US with this conviction.
It depends on the actual criminal charges under the state penal code and if he can qualify for a waiver for the immigration violation.
NO. If he has not been deported yet and his case is pending, you should talk to a criminal attorney for post conviction relief. If it is possession only, he might be able to adjust status if he is otherwise qualified. You will need an experience immigration attorney before you do anything and ASAP
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
There are no immigration waivers for aggravated felonies such as the criminal charges ur son had therefore the answer is he won't be let back into USA
Pierre Rabinowitz Esquire, LLC
Pierre Rabinowitz Esquire, LLC | Pierre Rabinowitz
Please tell me what I should obtain in return for answering all these legal questions?