Can my son come back after being deported? 5 Answers as of July 11, 2013

He was arrested at the airport upon arriving from Philippines in 2002 for violation of his probation and was detained, then got deported. Can he come back to the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Why was your son under probation? Why did he violate probation? Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident?
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/11/2013
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It depends on the underlying basis for the deportation.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/13/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
I hope not. The United States has enough problems with US-citizen criminals.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/10/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
It really depends on what the probation was for originally and what his status was at the time of his deportation. There is a waiver for some crimes, but not all. Plus the waiver is not always available if you have previously had lawful permanent resident status. Questions about prior deportations and crimes are always complicated and are usually best answered in a personal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 6/10/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It depends. Either way, he has to apply for a waiver before he can be admissible.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: