Can my sister receive an alternative to jail program? 2 Answers as of December 01, 2014

My sister is currently being charged with possession of a forged instrument in the 2nd degree. She currently has a previous violent felony on her record. What's the best outcome we can hope for?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Epstein & Conroy
Epstein & Conroy | David B. Epstein
It really depends. The crime she is being charged with, depending on the exact circumstances, is a low level non-violent case, so depending on what county you are in, what conduct exactly she is charged with, and how effective your lawyer is, is possible that she could have that case reduced to a misdemeanor and prosecuted in lower court, or reduced for purposes of a disposition (i.e. plea). This would remove her from any mandatory minimum sentences.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/1/2014
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
More facts are needed but I suggest that she hire a good criminal defense lawyer.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 11/25/2014
Click to View More Answers: