Can my pay be docked for a payroll dept error? Posted on July 12, 2011

For the past year, I have been over paid $3.30/hour through an error made BY the payroll dept. The code on my time sheet was correct, but payroll was using an incorrect code. They now want to deduct $150 a check to pay themselves back. That is alot of money for me. Is this legal? Can I pay a lower amount say ($25) ? Do I have to pay it back?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: