Can my parents force me to get an abortion and send me away and can DSS do anything? 5 Answers as of July 26, 2013

I’m 16 and my parents want to force me to have an abortion because I’m underage. They also talked about sending me away if that didn't work. The father wants to be there and help take care of the baby. He wants me to come live with him so we can be a family because we both know how important that is for a baby. We both know the consequences of having this baby, and the costs. We're both getting jobs to take care of him, and we'll gladly do it. We already love our baby. We want to step up and be the parents we're supposed to be. I believe if we think we are old enough to have sex we should be old enough to take care of the sometimes result of it. My parents are against it and want the baby gone. They want to force me to stay and not have my baby. This is putting way to much stress on me and the baby. Is there anything I can do or DSS?

Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser
Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser | Jacob R. Lauser
Your parents cannot force you to have an abortion, and if they push the issue, you may want to have yourself emancipated so they cannot make your life miserable over this. There is help available to you to resist their pressures and make your own choice for the life of your baby.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Riana Durrett
No, your parents cannot force you to have an abortion.
Ellis & Abouelsood | John Danelon
A parent cannot force her daughter to have an abortion. You can seek to be emancipated from your parents so that you can legally go to live with the child's father.
Report your parents to DFS and see what DFS says.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
No, they cannot force you to have an abortion. Yes, contact DSS and let them know what?s going on.