Can my nephew go on fishing trip to Canada with me? 1 Answers as of August 03, 2017

My sister has placement of the kids, 50/50 custody. Kids see their dad every other weekend. My sister is giving written consent to take him with us but her ex-husband says no. The trip would not interfere with his weekend as we would be back before they go there.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
In most cases, including the one you pose here, a judgment really cannot be reached without a lot more information. In general, if the parent with placement gives you permission to take her son on her placement days for a pleasurable outing, that ought to be enough. Do you know why the father objects? is he just being difficult, or is there some specific problem he sees in the boy spending this time with you? If there is no legitimate objection, and if the father does not have impasse-breaking authority, you should be okay. Any advice of this sort is necessarily tentative, because I do not have all the facts.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/3/2017
Click to View More Answers: