Can my NC drivers license be suspended for failure to pay a judgment filed by a dept store back in 2001? Posted on February 09, 2011

I got a call this morning from a company stating that they were getting ready to execute on a judgment filed against me by a dept store back on 04/24/2001. This was a bill from my previous marriage, unfortunately, even though my ex-husband charged the items on this account the account was in just my name. I was told that if I could not pay the funds then they were going to freeze my bank accounts, seize any assets I have and/or suspend my NC drivers license. The only thing I have is a checking account and it is in the name of my new husband and myself. What exactly can they do? I do not have the funds to pay this.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: