Can my mother still retain citizenship if I filed for unemployment? 3 Answers as of July 25, 2011

I applied for unemployment after filing the petition for my mother. I was working when I filed. Can she still obtain her paper?

I think you mean you are sponsoring your mom for a green card. If you can't meet the affidavit of support requirements then you will need to locate a joint sponsor for that portion. But it does not bar you from sponsoring her.
If your affidavit of support is not sufficient, you will need a co-sponsor.
Law Offices of Joel H. Wolff
Law Offices of Joel H. Wolff | Joel Henry Wolff
You will most likely need what is called a "co-sponsor" for her petition however I am guessing that you filed for permanent residency for your mother, not citizenship. The co-sponsor for any financial obligation steps in the shoes of the sponsor and agrees to be liable the same way that the sponsor is liable under the I-864 Affidavit of Financial Support. The co-sponsor should also be informed of the liability at the time that they are going to accept responsibility. Hope this helps.